Fire Truck and Pocksicle Leaves (#Fall Writing Frenzy 2022)
We drived someplace new.
Mommy snuggled me in my green coat.
She says my coat's "green like the leaves up high and the grass down low".
But there's all sortsa leaf colors today.
I see red. Red like fire trucks.
Black-red like those "moms" flowers Mommy planted.
Orange like oranges. And like pocksicles.
But this orange is better cause it's not sticky and messy.
CRUNCH! CRUNCH!
What's that?!
I grabded Mommy's hand.
That noise was RIGHT BY MY TOES!
I lookded down.
What are these crunchy things?
I picked one up.
The color was like a sqiushy banana - yellow with brown spots.
It didn't FEEL like an old banana.
It feelded like paper - but easier to rip.
And it didn't SMELL like an old banana.
It smellded like Daddy's flanneld shirt.
And cimamim applesauce. And home.
"That's a leaf! Not so green anymore, huh? Maybe YOU need a new coat!"
Then Mommy tickled my tummy and laughed her big laugh.
The sunshine lookded like glitter dancin' around her face.
I wish I knowed more words.
I want to say so much.
But I can't. Not yet.
For now, I'll say-
"Mama, wub you! Mwah!"


Baby talk and mother love! Sweet! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis is hopefully a piece you'll come back to again and again as your little gets older. It's not just a contest entry, it's a time capsule. Bravo! @mowrex (Twitter)
ReplyDelete